Friday, October 30, 2009

Friday Five- Halloween Edition

Ohhh, I am EXHAUSTED. Thank goodness for the adrenaline and excitement of Halloween and dressing up or I never would have made it through work this morning. Here is the five for the week…

1. Last weekend, the Adventurer’s Club came over to carve pumpkins and then brave it out at a Haunted House. My mom used to take a few of my friends and I out to pizza and a haunted house every year back in junior high and high school…but I haven’t been in a while…and Rachel and Willow have never been. It. Was. Terrifying. We went to the KUBE haunted house down at the SoDo morgue. Yeah, at the morgue. Though they didn’t do much with that…it was more just the idea, I guess. It was your typical “creepy people in makeup with blood everywhere jumping out at you, and even though you are expecting it, it still makes you pee your pants” kind of event. And then there is a lot of laughing afterward because your voice is hoarse from fifteen minutes of nonstop screaming.

2. There are some good shows on TV right now. The usual shows have been a bit disappointing this season…the Grey’s Anatomy’s and such. But there are some GREAT new sitcoms. I think I already talked about Big Bang Theory in a past post. Still great. I think my new favorite show is Modern Family. So funny. Follows three VERY different families…the gay couple with the adopted kid, the traditional family with the super dorky dad, and the husband with a MUCH younger, gorgeous wife…and they are all related and hang out…and it’s funny stuff. Also enjoying Community, the new show with Joel McHale from The Soup…and Chevy Chase and a whole group of super random characters are all in a study group at a community college. Parks and Recreation can make me laugh out loud from time to time.

3. I was babysitting last night, the baby asleep, older kids working on homework…the doorbell rings. Hmmm, who would be ringing the bell at this hour? I went to the door, no one there, peek through the window (I’ve seen enough horror movies to know that the babysitter shouldn’t just throw the front door open)…there, sitting on the front step was a little purple Halloween bucket, filled with fun Halloween toys and treats. The kids came over and were like “ohhh man, did we get boo’d again? This is the third time. We put the ghost on the front door…” Apparently this “boo-ing” thing is a thing people do…have you ever been boo’d or done the boo’ing. It’s like May Day…drop off a present, ring the bell, and run. Then, when it happens to you, you have to boo someone else…and once you have already been boo’d, you tape a ghost to your door, so people know not to boo you again. Is this new? I’d never heard of this.

4. I was having a heck of a time coming up with a Halloween costume. We were allowed to wear costumes at work, so it needed to be easy to move around in. All my costume possibilities are packed away in storage down in Bonney Lake, and I really didn’t want to spend a bunch of money on a real costume (plus, most of the fun is putting the outfit together yourself)…I don’t like being generic characters “a nurse, a fairy, a princess…” I like to be a specific character..someone that has been somehow meaningful that year…I thought about being a Mad Men secretary, etc. Went to Goodwill hoping for some inspiration….nothing. I was about to give up. Then I read the latest Sarah Dessen blog, and she mentioned the new season of Friday Night Lights started (if you have directv…don’t even get me started on that…)…DUH! Friday Night Lights! My favorite new show of the past year. Sooo, I went to a tshirt place, had a Riggins “Clear Eyes. Full Heart. Can’t Lose.” shirt made, and put together a whole Rally Girl costume. Fun Fun. Apparently not too many people watch the show, because I had to explain to several customers…but the people that did recognize it, TOTALLY appreciated the costume. So, while I should be napping right now (seriously, sooo tired), but I really wanted to watch some FNL. And seriously, it’s soooo good. Go rent the first couple seasons. And get past the first few episodes- they didn’t hook me.

Okay, I know that is only four…I’m so tired though…and I am really distracted by the show…so I’m going to leave you with those. Maybe there will be an extra one next week? Have a safe Halloween! Eat lots of candy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment