Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sunday, not Friday 10/11

I know, I'm a couple days late...and this is going to be a short entry because it is Sunday afternoon, and I don't really want to spend my whole afternoon on my computer. Here ya go...

1. The reason I didn't get around to posting on Friday was that I was heading over to Ellensburg to visit my aunt, uncle and cousins, and this particular weekend so I could see my lil sis's soccer game. BUT, I wanted to make sure the jeep was a-ok to make the drive over. So I stopped at the oil place to get the oil changed, get some air put in the tires, etc. They ended up doing a whole cleansing of the uhhh, engine? I don't know...but apparently it was important and overdue and would be good for my jeep. And it was done at a place I trust, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't unecessary. Jeep made it over and back, no problem. Way to go jeep.

2. While we did make it over successfully, in one piece...since I STILL hadn't put the windows in the back, as I went over the pass, it was sooo cold! It got down into the 20's on the other side of the mountains. I was all bundled up in my coat and scark and hat...my breath visible in the front seat...but, luckily my cousins helped me put the windows in this morning for my drive back home. It was much toastier.

3. I finished my book club book yesterday- Time Traveler's Wife. I liked it a lot! Took a little while to get into it...not that it was hard to read or anything...I just didn't feel especially attached for a little while...I think because you have to get used to the format and understand what is happening with the time traveling. But once you get past that, it is such a sweet story. And sad. I didn't love the actual end of the book...but for the most part, I was quite satisfied. I'm looking forward to seeing the movie now...looove Rachel McAdams.

4. Also read the latest Sarah Dessen book...I have had it on hold at the library since it came out in, like June or something, and it was finally available. It was alright. Not my fav of her books. Pretty standard young adult girl book...predictable. And I actually didn't fall for the main characters like I usually do. Was a little disappointed. Oh well.

5. I have had a serious craving to make bread. I have a bread maker, but it's in storage, so I haven't made any yet, since I have to do it the slow, old fashioned way, that takes years to make. BUT, it will happen sometime this week, I think...because I think about it ALL the time...kind of like the apple spice donuts from Might O...must make bread. In fact, I think I'm going to make sure I ahve all the right ingredients right now, so when the time is right, I can go for it. Mmmm, doesn't that sound delicious?!

Later....

No comments:

Post a Comment