Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Zayda Buddy's...?

Oh my gosh…there is snow in the forecast! I mean, maybe it says rain/snow mix, but at the beginning of the possible snow season, those giant slushy drops are almost just as exciting. Brian and I are heading to my parents’ house this weekend for an early Thanksgiving meal (my mom and Ron are going to Disney World for Thanksgiving…and then another week and half following…those jerks), Christmas decorating, and to put the hard top back on the jeep and get her all ready for the winter. She loves going into 4WD and cruising the snowy streets. She wasn’t running very well for a brief period there, but seems to be fine now…I didn’t do anything…just checked her oil and put some good quality gas in her…I think she just wanted a little attention and so was acting up. Silly jeep.

I took last Friday off from work…which was awesome and needed. My book club all had the day off for Veteran’s Day, and I have missed the last few book clubs, so I decided I wanted to be part of the Friday brunch! Oh brunch…yummm. There was quiche, there was that super cheesy and sour creamy potato casserole, there was a sausage egg casserole, there were muffins and fruit…I made a raspberry cream cheese coffee cake. And we sat and chatted for more than three hours…while it poured rain outside. It was just so nice. I recently got a tv (I haven't had one since I moved into my new place in May)…I can't watch tv, but I can watch movies. So I got home after book club, turned the heat up in my room, and had every intention of cleaning my room while I watched a movie. Guess what? No cleaning was done. I got REAL cozy in a blanket and fell asleep to My Blueberry Nights.

Friday night Brian and I went to the newly made into music venue- Neptune Theater for some local music. Hey Marseilles was releasing something…wasn’t entirely sure what, but they did play a ton of new stuff…so it was something new. I was super excited for Hey Marseilles…I love that band…they are so fun and charming and…whimsical isn’t the right word…but every time I listen to them, I remember strolling around Paris on the weekends. Bryan John Appleby opened…I also adore Bryan John Appleby- though he had a weird setlist that I didn’t so much adore. But oh well. AND the theater was pretty cool! Brian said it would be perfect for a high school Under The Sea dance…and that is very true.

AND, the news you have all been waiting for…how did the Shooting Fireballs/Chicago Sky/Team 9 (my little basketball team, duh) play on Saturday morning? Oh my gosh…they were AMAZING! I was shocked…in awe! They didn’t have any travels, they passed the ball to each other, they rebounded like animals…they ran up and down the court like there was no tomorrow. I mean…I was really proud of them. Mostly I was proud of their passing. During scrimmages at practice, nobody wanted to give the ball up, and when they did it was a weak little bounce pass, easily stolen….but they threw really smart passes. They found people open under the basket. Brian showed up with the snacks (which was still a hot topic, even on the bench while the game was going on…WHERE ARE THE SNACKS!)…we had juice boxes, satsumas, and mini Might O donuts. What a day!

I have been biiiig time craving some Zayda Buddy's recently. Zayda Buddy's is a Minnesota pizza bar down in Ballard. Brian and I went a lot last football season to watch games, and then tend to make it there…maybe once a month just for fun. It’s always a VERY special treat when we decide to go…it can turn a bad day around immediately…and is always the first place we think of when we are starving (though that isn’t always a great idea because sometimes it takes awhile for the pizza to come out) our pizza of choice is the Chelsea Chelsea…it’s pepperoni pizza with shelled macaroni and cheese on top (we tried putting mac and cheese on our pizza at home…sooo not the same)…anyway…we have had plans for the last two weeks to go, but for one reason or another haven’t made it…and I talk about it pretty much every day. I want to go! Yesterday I was going to a craft thing that was providing dinner and Brian was all bummed out that he had to figure out his own dinner. And then he told me he was going to go to Zayda Buddy's! Can you believe that. I told him it was the rudest thing he has ever said to me. Of course, he was kidding…but I really want to go tonight. Maybe? Just maybe…

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment