Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween

Sorry for the late blog post. It was a busy, busy end of the week last week, and weekend! Plus, Rachel said she was hoping for some Tuesday blogging (Happy Reformation Day), along with an increase by 5% of my Disney stuffed animal collection. I’ll just start with the Tuesday blog.

First of all…I’m a little bit disappointed in the cute kid Halloween pictures posted on facebook- not that the kids weren’t cute (they are…VERY cute), but there just weren’t enough of the pics…c’mon parents, get those pictures posted.

And on the subject of Halloween. Gals…PUT SOME FLIPPIN CLOTHES ON. Jeez louise. I know that Halloween is the one night a year where it is somehow acceptable to wear next to nothing. But that doesn’t mean you have to or should. Good grief.

I never wrote about our rock star Friday a couple weeks ago. We got to see both The Black Keys AND Ryan Adams- in one night- for free. The new Microsoft store in U Village brought The Black Keys in for their grand opening. Brian took a day off work the day before to stand in line and get the tickets they were giving out. We got to the event on Friday evening there were appetizers being passed around on trays, free Jamba Juice, full slices of deep dish pizza, red carpet, etc. The Black Keys played for about an hour…it was a pretty small group of people in the event space. Very cool. Then, we ZIPPED over to Benaroya Hall for Ryan Adams. Catie gave us the VIP wristbands…which gave us 6th row seats. Wowzer. This was such an unbelievable way to experience Ryan Adams. 6th row at Benaroya Hall! He was funny, he played solo so everything was slow and pretty. It was definitely one of those once in a lifetime shows. Sigh just thinking about it. Thank you Catie!!

I’m a little bit sad that today is November 1, and I’m not even going to attempt NaNoWriMo this year. November is national novel writing month, and NaNoWriMo has a site for you to keep track of the number of words you’ve written, with 50,000 being the goal, over the course of the month. I have attempted the last few years. I haven’t ever made it…I think I am just too stinking busy, but it definitely gets me motivated to write. I’ve been receiving the NaNoWriMo prep emails and I just wish I was motivated this year to try.

This week is picture day for my basketball team. We decided on the name Shooting Fireballs, but then were told we had to have WNBA team name. Lame. So officially, we are the Chicago Sky, unofficially- SHOOTING FIREBALLS. We have had two weeks of practices and I have never had more than 5 girls show up to one practice (between soccer games, weekend trips, etc)…which makes it very difficult to do any scrimmaging. I’m a little (a lot) worried that my girls won’t know what to do in a game situation (I think this is everyone’s first year playing)…one more week before games start. Hopefully everyone will show up for pictures…

Brian and I missed Potluck last week. We missed for a few reason…first, I was just dead…work was exhausting me. I think last week was a combination of work stress, work being busy, and just the seasonal change-it definitely became seriously Autumn over the last two weeks…but I was very much lacking in energy and the motivation to DO anything. Plus, it was Game 6 of the World Series, which was an INCREDIBLE game. The whole World Series this year was pretty great. But Game 6 in particular…there was just no possibility of leaving the house while the game was in the state it was. But, we kept thinking we would make it to Potluck, so we made our dessert item in preparation of going. It was a Dia de los Muertos themed party….we made churros! I’ve never made churros before…they turned out pretty delicious. I’ve never really admitted to liking churros. They were one of those Disneyland snack treats that my family never bought, but I always secretly wanted. We would get the ice cream bars and the popcorn, but we never went for the churro.

That’s all I have for this Tuesday…

No comments:

Post a Comment