Saturday, May 2, 2009

Hurray Hurray for May!

I know I am late in posting…I spent Friday afternoon, after packing and running around like a crazy lady getting ready for my trip, sitting in the sun in the backyard at my Grandma’s…it was lovely. Currently though, it is 6am Atlanta time (where I have a 2 hour layover) I slept a little on the plane, but am exhausted. I did, however, find it amusing that the terminals T and A are grouped together at this airport. Here is your Friday Five for the first day of May (whaaaa?!)

1. Oh my goodness. I am so tired of hearing about the swine flu. I know the media is tired of talking about the economy so they are jumping on this…but c’mon! Closing down schools? Really? It’s the FLU! Yes, people have died from it…but guess what, thousands of people die from the flu every year…doesn’t mean we shut down schools and wear masks around the streets. I’m not saying I’d be jumping at the chance to head down to Mexico right now (although I bet there are some good deals ), but I really don’t understand why people are getting so worked up. I do have to say, I think it might just be a media thing…after hanging at the Seatac airport last night and now in the Atlanta airport, I have yet to see anyone in a mask.

2.I spent last weekend running (driving actually) from Seattle to Olympia and back…several times. It was my Grandpa Don’s surprise birthday party and we celebrated at the Great Wolf Lodge. Which was pretty cool. The whole family stayed overnight- I didn’t because I was housesitting up in Seattle- and then we played at the indoor water park all day. It certainly wasn’t at a Disney level, but I think they did a good job with the park…totally family friendly. They could use some better food there though…pizza hut? Not yummy.

3. I rediscovered Room For Squares- John Mayer’s first full length album while driving back and forth between Seattle and Olympia. I stopped at my parent’s house and grabbed a couple of my CDs that I keep there, and I just ended up listening to John the whole time. Seriously, that album is so amazing. I mean, I am a pretty big fan in general, and have enjoyed his later albums…but that first one, man, soundtrack of my life. LOVE IT. Go re-listen to it. Your welcome.

4.Thursday night was Dining Out For Life…particular restaurants throughtout the city donated a percentage of their sales to fight AIDS. Amy and I decided we should probably be supportive of the evening…I looked at the list of restaurants participating and it looked like pretty much every place in the entire city. So, we decided to hit up Serious Pie- Tom Douglas’s pizza place. We have been talking about going there since we became friends a couple years ago and hadn’t made it there yet. It was delicious. They were out of the soup we wanted…boo. So I got some asparagus with dried anchovies on top (I know), and then we split a truffle and chartelle mushroom pizza….which was flippin delicious. And then we split dessert…no, we didn’t split A dessert…c’mon, it’s a Tom Douglas restaurant- you don’t skimp on dessert. We ordered two and they were A-MAZING. It was a way too expensive dinner- but I’m pretty sure we are fairly close to curing AIDS after that. So I suppose it is okay.

5.Well, it should be interesting to see what this next week is like…I have NO idea what my schedule holds. I was planning on picking up some shifts at the Starbucks near Jessica’s place…talked to the manager a couple weeks ago about him scheduling me, he said no prob, he would call me after he made the schedule. Finally, on Wednesday (just a couple days before the schedule would be good), he finished it…and when I called him (since I hadn’t heard from him) oh, ooops, forgot to put me on the schedule. Grrrr, so annoying! I was counting on working those days. Not to mention that I had been waiting to figure out my schedule for visiting friends and such until I knew my Starbucks schedule. So I am not only not working, but have made no plans with anyone. I told my manager that I appreciate her.

There you go. Have a great week! Make sure you put some time into thinking about my birthday gift…I mean, uh, no, just kidding. But seriously…I’ll be 22 in less than a week. That’s exciting. Later….E

No comments:

Post a Comment