Friday, January 16, 2009

Five on Friday 1/16

1. As I type this, I am sitting in a Starbucks on Mercer Island- I got out of work about 40 minutes early and figured I would get a little writing in before I make my return to my Seattle babysitting…although, I guess it isn’t technically my return to Seattle babysitting, since I’m on Mercer Island. Whatever. I’m babysitting tonight. BUT…am currently sitting in the most annoying Starbucks environment EVER…apparently the middle school nearby just got out because it is full of giggly girls and hyper boys running around the store, flirting with and showing off for each with pokes and hits. I can’t write in my book- as my chair keeps getting knocked, or a piercing scream interrupts my thoughts…so I decided to write up my Friday Five…

2. Highlight of my day…Friday Night Lights returns tonight. I guess I can’t say it is the highlight of my day, since it hasn’t actually happened yet…and I suppose the TV could be out at the house I will be babysitting at…which would truly be upsetting, and not at all the highlight of my day. But I am remaining optimistic. All I can say is Lila and Riggins better not get together!!

3. Nutella Mochas…I went to Faire…a café near the radio station after my shift yesterday. Was meeting my pal for a momentary catch up and chat, and figured I would spend my two hours of writing there as well. And they have nutella mochas…which are pretty much the yummiest thing ever. I used to try to make them in Barcelona- we had a little espresso machine in our apartment, so I would stick a blob of nutella in my latte. It generally never melted into the drink and was just a big gulp of mush at the bottom of my cup (not to say that wasn’t delicious)…but this drink at Faire was awesome. Highly recommend it…not to mention the pesto turkey sandwich I had for lunch, since I was on a writing roll, and stayed at the café for about five hours.


4. New Ian McFeron music is going to be out soon. I just went and saw the band play last Saturday…drove an hour and a half north for the show…thought it was a little silly to drive so far, but I haven’t seen them play in months and months and months…and after having been with them on the road and seeing them every single night, I was missing the live show. So I went…it was totally worth the drive. (Okay, seriously, some girl in pink jeans and a silver belt with pigtails just screamed right behind me…I hope she is reading over my shoulder and realizes she has made my blog for her level of annoying…and now there are about 5 of them that have decided to just sit on the ground..in the middle of Starbucks…seriously, is this what our youth have become…good grief.) Moving on...Ian has a new album coming out in March, “Love Me Blue”…they are having a release party at the Tractor…if you are in Seattle, you should definitely go. You can get a sneak peak at a few of the new songs on Ian’s MySpace page. So check it out. Be excited. I am.

5. http://www.dishkarma.com/ Check out the website, figure out what your “ultimate meal” is, and then add it to the site. My friend Brady and a couple of his pals just launched their website and it is a lot of fun. Basically you put together what your perfect meal would be- a soup, salad, appetizer, main course and dessert. You pick the food and the restaurant you experienced it…and share with their ever-growing network. Brady introduced the game to me back in 2001 and it has been a staple in my get-to-know-you conversations since then (I’m sure I have asked a few of you about your ultimate meal)…so I need to figure out what my current choices are, and post my video on the site…you should too!

And that is all for this week, I suppose. Happy Birthday to Lauren tomorrow…good grief, we are old. Have a stellar weekend all.

No comments:

Post a Comment