Friday, August 9, 2013

Class, kickball, and diarrhea

Yup...that is pretty much been all that has been happening in my life this last month. Class is mine, kickball is mine and Brian's, and the diarrhea is Frank the cat.

Class is pretty crazy. We have had 5 weeks straight that included tests. A Monday, Monday, Monday, Wednesday, and next week is a test on Monday and the final on Wednesday. An 8 week quarter to get 11 weeks worth of information into. I constantly feel like I am playing catch up. She starts the lecture on the the next set of chapters before we have taken the test on the previous set of chapters, and then asks if there are any questions. NO, no questions yet because I am still wrapping my brain around the last set of chapters. I usually feel like I am at mediocre understanding by test day. BUT, I still feel like I have learned SO much more than I did last quarter. I do like this professor quite a bit...she is very fair. And thank goodness, she does lots of partial credit on tests. One week left to go. Lecture and lab is over. Just an exam and the final. Study, study, study.

And right in the middle of the crazy school load is the period of time in kickball where we have playoffs for summer season, and have already started fall season. For example, on Tuesday- the night before my final- we have a summer playoff game...if we win that, we play the championship game immediately following. Then we head over to Greenlake for a 9:30pm fall season game. I'll probably have to keep my notes in the dugout.

Then there is Frank- the biggest kitten I have ever seen in my life, despite three weeks of diarrhea. The cat just keeps on eating. He has had an antibiotic, which didn't do anything. We were given parasite medicine, even though all of his tests have come back negative for parasites. And currently we have him on a probiotic...hoping that maybe he just needs some good bacteria back in his system. Though he threw up a couple of times earlier this week. I have been worried off and on...but considering he literally just FLEW through the air in front of my face- about three feet off the ground- in pursuit of Millie...I think he is probably doing okay.

I don't know how cats age compared to people...but I think Frank might be going through either a 3 yr old or a 13 yr old stage...he is testing us on EVERYTHING. We carry a spray bottle of water with us around the house...he climbs on the table and just looks at us. Stays up there as we grab the spray bottle, watches, watches...and just as we get close enough for the spray, he jumps down. Little monster. Meanwhile, little Millie has just been a champ. She is still tiny- getting longer (I think she looks like a mongoose...I would have called her Riki Tiki Tavi if I had noticed when we first got her)...and so, so sweet. She is so well behaved (and is currently curled up on my stomach, purring as I type- probably for protection from Frank)...

And in other non-cat, non-school, non-kickball news...man, haven't we had an amazing summer?! What a fantastic summer to be a nanny...sorry to brag. Any time those kids start pressing my patience (which happens a lot- they are 3 and 1), I think about how I get to spend my day at the zoo or the park...looking into the newest spray park, which kid band is playing at which library or park...it could be so much worse!

The Mariners continue to disappoint (still managing to make it to a game here and there), the Sounders just signed Clint Dempsey...a HUGE deal. Brian just wrote a blog regarding these two loves of his and how different the organizations are run...pretty interesting- http://bterreson.wordpress.com

Brian and I are making an attempt to get healthier...thus far food is the only aspect we have made an effort with, but we are discussing options for working out. Because we are so busy, we find ourselves eating at restaurants a lot- which usually isn't particularly healthy, not to mention expensive. I don't want to get too ambitious right away, so right now we are just making an effort with our dinners to fill as much of our plate with vegetables, make healthy protein choices, and keep the carbs to a minimum.We have done pretty well this week. We'll see how next week goes.

Busy weekend ahead...I'm getting my hair cut today- finally...my last haircut was in March. I have book club this afternoon- which I haven't been able to go to in probably 6 months. Babysitting tonight. Tomorrow one of my college roommates is in town and is coming over to visit (SO excited!), Mariners game in the evening. And, of course, lots of studying in there.

Aaaand some pics...
Frank the part-dog

Greetings upon arriving home

Nap time for everyone

Play time


No comments:

Post a Comment