Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Five pointer, and some pics

1. We are heading to Iowa/Chicago this weekend. Brian is the best man in his best man's wedding...I am so excited for the trip! I am so looking forward to the wedding- since getting married, I have been craving a wedding! I'm excited to see what choices they made to make the day their own. And that I can just go and enjoy, without stress and anxiety leading up to it! I'm also super excited to visit Chicago...we are only there for a short time...not nearly long enough- but, Brian hasn't ever been, and I haven't been back in several years. While I didn't love living there, I do LOVE that city. Of course, we are going to a Cubs game. We are taking a red eye, which I'm not pumped about (it always seems like the right decision when we are booking the tickets- get as much time in the trip as possible)...we get in to Chicago at 7am, renting a car, and then driving three hours to Iowa. I know we are going to be exhausted, but I am insisting that we stop for breakfast in Chicago before we head out- to my FAVORITE...Orange...oh, I can't wait. The chai french toast is heaven! And then, of course, I'm just excited about getting out of town...I love traveling.

2. My class is driving me crazy. We had our third 'midterm' last Saturday...and, once again, I left feeling super discouraged. This one in particular because I felt pretty confident going in. I felt like I not only memorized the material, but also really understood it...like, I explained concepts to one of the people in my class prior to the test. And then...the test barely touched on the stuff that I had studied- the stuff that the teacher had said 'make sure you know ___'...two of the three essay questions were on topics I hadn't even looked at- they weren't in any of the study material. SO FRUSTRATING. I decided to take the evening class next quarter, rather than the Saturday class. I think I need to be IN class, rather than just being responsible for learning the material on my own. I am going to have some LONG days this summer (class is 5-9:30pm...boof). Only two more weeks of this quarter.

3. Well, our house has some spiders. Sigh. I was hoping it wouldn't be a thing, despite the gal who lived here before telling us that they had spiders, and despite the obvious smashed spiders on the wall (thanks for not cleaning the walls before we moved in...). It hasn't been overwhelming, but there have been a few upstairs...probably once a week we find a new one. They aren't big yet. That's helpful. I used to catch the spiders and put them outside, until I read that most spiders you find in your house were born in your house, and don't live outside. They live in the house...so they will return if you put them outside. So now I let Brian kill them. I feel a little guilty about it, but not really that much.

4. One upside to the spiders is that it makes Brian more excited about getting a kitten (to catch the spiders). We are planning to get one (or two...I'm trying to convince Brian that two will get in less trouble than one because they will play with each other) shortly after our return from the trip. We went to the PAWS cat place in the U District, just to get an idea of what the adoption process is like, and it was a little intense. I mean, we are both on the same page that a pet is a pet. We love them, but they aren't people. I understand the people at the adoption place want to make sure we have thought through the responsibilities of a pet, but it was a little bit like a job interview. We are not adopting a child...it is a cat. And they told us that we shouldn't get a kitten, but a more established cat, since we are away from the house during the day, etc....I grew up with cats. And they were super low maintenance. They were indoor/outdoor, hung out with us when they wanted to, we went on trips without needing to worry about the cats, we were gone long hours of the day...they were fine. Soooo, we might just go the kittens-in-a-box-at-the-grocery-store route. We'll see. I can't wait though!

5. We got our wedding pictures back! Oh my goodness, I don't even know how to start organizing them- there are SO many...and I love them all. How do you pick which ones to print and use? Here are a few that weren't posted on facebook yet...
 wedding party, Brian blowing away, silly Uncle B, dancing, Felix!, creating my bouquet as I walked up the aisle, thumbs up, loved my dress, grandma giving me great-grandma's pearls, I gave Brian the wrong hand to put my ring on- oops!, our invitation, nerf guns!


1 comment:

  1. Greg is in Chicago this weekend, too, for a conference. When I was with him at this same conference last year we went to Orange. Yum.
    Love, love, love your wedding photos! Have a good trip!

    ReplyDelete