Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Catch Up

The NBA is dead to me. Brian is tired of hearing me say that. But it is even deader to me today. There were some not so nice words coming out of my mouth today in the car as I listened to David Stern give his press conference regarding the decision about the Kings. It isn't even that we aren't getting the team- I mean, it sucked when we lost the Sonics, good for Sacramento for fighting for them...it's David Stern....such a slimy, slimy fellow. Bah. Glad the Mariners have 12 runs against the Yanks tonight.

The house is coming together. We got a new couch, and a dining room table, and some curtains and such...things are set up as they will be. Now we really need to get to work on all the crap we have in boxes and lining the walls in every room. We are both SO bad about this kind of thing. I wonder how much it would cost to hire someone else to do it. More that we can afford, but still...it's awful. Every day we get home from work with such great intentions, and then do the same few things and get overwhelmed and quit. We should probably just load up everything that isn't out and take it to the Goodwill, since it has all been boxed and unused since February. We have set a goal though...we have plans for housewarming/bbq/movie night/birthday shindig in the works...so we have a date that it has to be done.

In addition to getting the house in order, we also have a monster of a yard that needed a ton of work. I love the yard, it's more room than I would have imagined us ever having in the city. But man, it's a lot of work.
Brian and his dad spent several hours last Saturday mowing and weed wacking. Our wedding florist came out to the house with some of the flowers from our arch, and gave me an hour long mentoring session and helped give me some vision for the yard. We have a huge lilac tree (it is actually three trees right next to each other), and a huge purple rhododendron bush, and a few other trees around the yard (making the mowing a bit more challenging) that I have really enjoyed watching bloom this Spring. I hope we get lots of sun this summer so we can get some good use of the yard...it's nice because most of it is pretty well shaded, but there is always some area in the sun throughout the day.

With all of the wedding planning, moving, school, etc craziness happening, I felt like I (we) really hadn't been eating very well. Brian doesn't love vegetables, so I figured we would try the ol green smoothie thing. We got a new blender, and I see them all over pinterest, so I went to Trader Joe's and bought some ingredients...as well as just making more of an effort to plan healthier meals in general. We have been doing this for about three weeks, and sadly, I really haven't noticed a difference in the way I feel. I thought I would end up with all of this energy or something. The only thing I have noticed is that my stomach is always rumbly and bloaty. Lovely. Maybe I should just stick to a multi-vitamin.

School this quarter is going...okay. I'm taking the first part of two in an Anatomy & Physiology series. I have class on Saturdays, at 8am...for HOURS. THe class is a hybrid, so Saturdays are for lab and tests...not really much in the way of lecture- we are responsible for learning the material in the books. It sounded like the best option to me...going to school after work is such a long day. Here is the problem...I'm not a good studier. In school, I was one of those lucky people that retained the information that was lectured on in class...I had pretty poor study habits. Sooo, now not having lecture...I have to study. And I get so distracted. We have had two midterms so far, and I haven't done as well as I need to in order to get the grade I need to get into the program I want. I just registered for next quarter, for part two of the class, and am doing the same Saturday class (although next quarter it starts at 7am....yuck)...I'm not sure if that is the right thing to do, or if I should do night classes that are actual classes....

I went down to Federal Way last week to visit my sis and the twins- oh my goodness they have gotten so big. They are already/only four months old...ahhh, so cute! 


No comments:

Post a Comment