Monday, January 14, 2013

Seahawks Sadness

I am still heartbroken by the Seahawks game yesterday.

I went in to last week's game against Washington not feeling as confident as everyone else...I felt like people were already looking ahead thinking that game would be an easy win. And it was an ugly start, some injuries...a little frightening....but we got the win.

I felt better about the Atlanta game. Probably because I knew nothing about Atlanta...I knew plenty about RGIII, and so knew to be cautious of the Redskins. While Atlanta was the number one seed, I hadn't been hearing much of anything about them all season...I felt like we had a good stinking chance.

We started out ugly again...and I grieved the loss a little bit early. I figured they would fight in the second half, but it would be too little too late.

THEN....the comeback. Oh man....the yelling, and jumping, and high-fiving that was happening around our pancakes, bacon, and mimosas. It was SO exciting. And made you believe in the little guy, in sports miracles, in RUSSELL! We took the LEAD. With 30 second left!

And then we lost. I mean, I am not a sports crier. But I almost did...there were just too many emotions. How could we have let them get up the field SO FAST? How did we not get off the field goal at the end of the first half....and all of the other why's and what if's. It was disappointing. I am sad today.

I know we are young and we weren't supposed to be that good this year, and next year we will be one of those 'teams to beat'. But that really isn't as fun, or inspiring. When you are expected to be good and to win, then winning isn't a big deal....when you are the underdog, and your 3rd round rookie turns out to be just what your team needed- out of the blue- that is a beautiful thing.

Heartbroken. 


No comments:

Post a Comment