Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013

2013. Here we go.

The feng shui guy that gave me a reading last year at work said that 2012 was going to be just an okay year, and that the five years following would be phenomenal and great. I would definitely say that 2012 was just that...some definite wonderful moments, but also plenty of tough ones. I don't believe in the feng shui guy, but I sure hope he is right about these next few years! 

Some 2012 highlights included:
-obviously getting engaged is at the top of the list and made this year one that I will never forget
-trip to Disney World for the big 3-0 birthday
-traveling to the east coast for some baseball and a visit with B's sister
-starting school again and having a goal to work toward
-many potlucks and movie nights with friends
-sounders season tickets and enough mariners game to feel like a season ticket holder 
-ref 74 passed, which was somehow more emotional for me than I expected
-was inspired by so many creative people...I always wish I was more creative, but being able to surround myself with those who are is almost as great
-a beautiful wedding last April that made me excited about having one myself
-learning how to use my lacrosse sticks...kinda
-sunny days in the park playing catch
-new recipes from pinterest
-my little sister's soon-to-be babies (twins in a few weeks!)

2013 is going to be a big year, and while I don't like resolutions, I do like goals. So my big goal for 2013 is to hand my worry over to God. Starting with this first quarter because it is going to be a doozy. New job, class that I have to attend, coaching, planning the wedding (3 months!), finding a place for us to live...

Other excitement for 2013 I am anticipating...applying for nursing school, traveling to both Texas and Iowa for weddings, traveling somewhere far and amazing for a honeymoon, creating new traditions...and who knows what else!

2013. Here we gooooo.....



2 comments:

  1. I forgot that you are going into nursing! As someone who has had many in my day, I know you will be a fantastic nurse, and that your patients will be very, very lucky to have you as their caregiver (even if only for a short time!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, thanks! I know how important a good nurse (or how awful a bad one) is!

    ReplyDelete