Wednesday, August 31, 2011

mid week catch up

Could it really be the weather that has me feeling a little bummed out? I can’t imagine that it is, but after the gorgeous week we had last week, my contemplative mood seems to have accompanied the grey skies that rolled in early this week. Though I do have to say, every time I step outside and breathe in the cool air, I get images of apple cider, carving pumpkins, cozy sweaters, and feel a little bit excited for all that!
Lots going on since my last post…

- I stubbed my toe on a raised sidewalk last Sunday. I was wearing flip flops and just stubbed it. It was really gross- bloody and bruised and oozy. Yuck. It hurt, but mostly it was just gross…and I was mad at myself for being so clumsy and ruining our perfectly planned day. Brian was patient with my over reacting and made me clean it even though I refused. I had it bandaged up all week- made it look much more dramatic than it actually was- but it seems to be healing up now.

- I started reading the Chronicles of Narnia. I’m not sure how I missed reading those when I was younger! Currently I’m reading Voyage of the Dawn Treader. I’m so excited to have a great series to spend some time with…I love series…getting attached to characters…my fav. Also really excited that Brian is reading the Hunger Games series…he finished the first book and has started the second. Fun to relive those as he goes.

- Last Wednesday we spent movie night out at Marymoor park for ET. I hadn’t seen that movie is SUCH a long time…definitely caught stuff that I hadn’t noticed before. Marymoor has had a pretty great ‘movies in the park’ lineup this summer…tonight they are showing Up!. Costs $5 to get in, parking is $1 (don’t be fooled by the website that says parking is an additional fee, and think maybe you should find somewhere else to park…it is only $1!) Kettle corn was popping (and smelling delicious), there was a random pirate walking around talking with people and taking pics. It was a nice movie night field trip!

- I went to the Sounders game on Saturday! I have never been super into soccer, but following the Sounders is so much fun! Brian has season tickets and a couple of people he sits with couldn’t go, so his mom and I were the lucky recipients of the tickets. The weather was awesome (almost a bit too warm, since we were sitting- excuse me- standing (!) right in the sun the whole time), Sounders won 6-2…Lamar, from Fed Way, got a hat trick. (Even though I don’t know Lamar at all, my little sis is good pals with him, so I feel connected and proud of him and so happy when he plays well.)

- Speaking of my sister, we went down to her house last weekend for dinner and to hang out with Landin and meet little Bella. We were meant to go swimming at the pool near their place- Landin was PUMPED, and could barely wait for us to get our swimsuits on…and then the pool was closed for maintenance. Ohhh, the poor kid was so disappointed. His head hung, and his little shoulders drooped. It was very cute. But, we made it up to him with hours of hide and seek and sardines play. I think there were some puzzles in there as well.

- Sunday night we finally celebrated my birthday (my birthday present anyway), and went to see Jeff Bridges at Chateau Ste Michelle. Oh my, we were not prepared for a show out there! Show was scheduled to start at 7…we figured doors would be at 6, got there about 6:15. The place was PACKED…full of people with their little lawn chairs, and actual tables- complete with tablecloths, silverware, and gourmet picnic spreads. It was impressive. They brought their own little wine glass holders- to keep them from spilling on the ground…we showed up with a blanket, and some Taco Time. I made Brian hold the Taco Time bag. Show was great- Jeff Bridges is an entertainer, for sure! Certainly not an old pro musician (his lead guitar player had to remind him to re-tune after he took the capo off), but quite the entertainer.

Okay…I suppose that is it for now. Super excited for this weekend…headed back to Ellensburg for the ol rodeo!

No comments:

Post a Comment