Friday, January 22, 2010

It's been awhile, I've missed you

Okay, okay…I know…I haven’t blogged in awhile and you hate me, you’ve lost all hope in another Friday Five…I have let you down. I apologize. There was a lot going on there at the end of the year…I mean, both Christmas AND New Years fell on a Friday…there is no time for blog writing (or reading, for that matter) when Santa has visited.

And then, I decided I wanted to come up with a new blog idea for 2010. For one thing, I don’t know that I like writing on Fridays. There always seems to be something going on that makes it seem like a bit of a chore…so I am thinking about switching to Sundays. That way you have something to read on your lazy morning while you sip coffee in a café and waste away your day…OR, if you need a little break from your work day on Monday. Yes? Will that work for you? Good, good.

I was also thinking I needed a new theme…but that hasn’t come to me yet. Five on Sunday doesn’t really have a ring to it. Being that I’m super pumped for 2010, I thought about doing some kind of goal writing…but that just seems like a setup for failure (not that I’m incapable of reaching goals…I love having goals, big or small, but new ones every week could get exhausting and be an excuse not to blog each week). Have you ever heard of or read the book Around the World in 80 Dates? This woman decided to reach out to everyone she knew (and she was a journalist, so she knew lots of random people all over) and asked them to set her up on a date…so she spent the year traveling the world going on dates. Thought about doing something of that nature…probably not so much with the traveling around the world (though that sounds like the best part of that story!)…but then thought about how I don’t really like blind dates all that much, and doing it frequently enough to be able to blog every week would get a bit ridiculous. Plus, I don’t really like writing about people, other than “so and so was with me when we went here…” especially if they could read it, and if the blog was why I was getting set up, surely they would know about it and would read it. So that’s no good.

I’m still pondering that..so until I decide on something, I’m still going to do five points. First edition will be this Sunday…keep an eye out…I have much to discuss.

Have an awesome weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment