Thursday, November 6, 2014

Summer Catch Up

I'm so far behind in blogging...we had a pretty busy end of the summer! A brief run through of the fun August to-dos.

At the beginning of August, we went to the Arcade Fire show at the Gorge. I was NERVOUS about the show. At the time, I was having awful back and rib pain pretty constantly...the only thing that helped was lying on my back. So the idea of sitting in a car for three hours, and then being at the concert for who knows how many hours, without the opportunity to relieve my back. BUT, I was totally fine! It was like baby knew I needed an evening off. We did have seats, which was helpful- I could alternate sitting and standing. The show was great- they asked people to dress up either in formal attire or costume...so there were some fun costumes out there...Brian spent a good chunk of time before the show started walking around and taking pictures of people. I didn't like the opener at all (other than he was funny)...it was so loud. Luckily Brian asked the people that worked there and found some ear plugs for me. Arcade Fire was a blast...they have so much energy...there were lights, confetti, a blow up doll band....They are such a fun live band.

A little later in the month, we drove down to Portland for an overnight. We saw David Gray at Edgefield on the Saturday. I love David Gray. He is one of my very favs. I have seen him a few times and it is always magical. A couple months back, Brian and I went to Easy Street for breakfast one morning, and I decided to listen to the new album at the listening station there...the first song came on and as soon as his voice started, I burst into tears. Like almost hysterical sobbing. Just standing there in the middle of Easy Street, for no reason at all. I was curious how the show would go. Well, sadly, the show just wasn't as magical as I was hoping for. It was still good...but, he was wearing JEANS. What the heck David- you wear suits! 

Then on Sunday we went to the Sounders/Timbers soccer match. Brian had been wanting to go to a match in Portland and the timing worked out great with the David Gray show. our friends Josh and Laura also came down for the game, so we met up for brunch and then headed to the game together. Wowzer, what an experience. We had to get there two hours ahead of time, they had a specific area of the field roped off for us (so there would be no interaction between sounders and timbers fans), and then we had to stay in our seats after the match until the rest of the stadium was cleared out. We won, and it was awesome.

Not in Summer, but along the activities lines, I was able to go to the Ryan Adams show at the Paramount with Catie, Amanda, and Leslie...I had wanted to go to the show (obviously), but didn't buy tickets and had pretty much resigned myself to not going because I knew I would be pretty far along and probably uncomfortable. Then Catie let me know they had an extra ticket, and I was so pumped! I was a little uncomfortable, but nothing I couldn't handle for Ryan.

I was lucky enough to have three baby showers planned for us, so spent all weekends in September enjoying the company of friends and family, and preparing for the arrival of the little one. Good thing we didn't wait any longer for those showers, because she made her appearance a tad bit early!

No comments:

Post a Comment