Sunday, April 20, 2014

a busy update

Ahhh, things are so busy. Which is usually a great thing...though it is a little tough these days as I want to sleep all the time!

Spring quarter started for school...I'm taking my last required pre-req (I may still take another class this summer that some programs require)...it is statistics, and so far it has been a TON of homework. It is an online class, so there are a ton of assignments, and lots of quizzes. Math has always been a pretty easy class for me, but I feel like statistics is a lot less math than a regular math class, so hopefully the online thing won't be a problem and I'll be able to keep up just by reading the book and doing the homework.

Still working long days...8:30-6...and with traffic, I usually don't get home until 6:30 or later. I'm looking forward to going back to my normal schedule in a couple of months!

Baseball season started...so we have been to a few games so far...we have a couple more lined up in the next week...I love going to M's games, but the 10:30pm evenings are tough!

Kickball season started, which I have been pumped for...but our games are so late at night! Our first week started with a double header, and I was embarrassingly sore for the few days after...like had to lift my legs with my hands to get in and out of the car. But it is fun and I am thrilled to be back out on the field. 

And then, of course, that little thing that we are having a baby. Hence the wanting to sleep all the time. I am just out of the first trimester, so have a little more energy than the previous two months, but still needing about ten hours of sleep a night. We are both super excited to be parents, but also don't love all the extra attention that comes along with this kind of big news! I have a tendency to overthink everything and stress out...so we are keeping things pretty low key, and trying to just take everything one week at a time.

Fortunately, my first trimester wasn't totally awful...I was unbelievably exhausted and had nausea from about 3pm on every day (all day on the weekends), but never actually got sick...just felt gross. And when you are feeling gross that much, knowing that it will last for at least six weeks seems like FOREVER. I was thinking 'why in the world does anyone have more than one kid if they feel like this for so long?!'...but things have definitely gotten better. I'm still not feeling awesome, and I can smell everything any where near me (garlic fries at the stadium- ummm, yeah.). Brian has been awesome...keeping the house running while I just eat and sleep... he feeds the cats (I can't handle the smell of the food), and cleans their litterboxes, does dishes, cooks, vacuums, laundry, etc...pretty much everything. 

I had the first ultrasound, which was waaaay cooler than I expected. I have always seen other people's ultrasound pictures and feel like it doesn't really look like a baby...they will point to something and say 'look, that's the foot' and I think 'okay, if you say so'....but it actually looked like a baby to me...I saw all the fingers, and different organs, and it rolled over...very cool.

I started building a baby registry, because we have lots of family pumped about buying things for this little thing...and oh my goodness, it's a little overwhelming. There is so much STUFF out there for babies! And about 100 different options for each bit of stuff. I mean, I had to close my computer and take a break when I started looking through all the different options for bottles. And then you hear from people that their baby went through several different types before they found one that worked for them. How do you build a registry or get your home prepared if you don't even know what your baby will actually use? Plus, we have zero extra space at our house...I definitely think we are going to go the less is more route and see how that goes.

Okay...I have at least two hours of homework to do tonight, and I really just want to take a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment