Monday, September 23, 2013

You are the light of the world...

'You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.'
Matthew 5:14-16

In church last week, we heard about being the light of Christ in this world. I feel like I need to read this passage every morning when I wake up. I should probably have a cheat sheet written on my arm, to remind me throughout the day. Every choice I make, every word I say, every reaction I have- is a reflection of Christ. I feel like there has been so much darkness recently. Not especially in MY little world, but people around me that I love- have been going through some tough stuff. Cancer. Ugh, I can't stand it. Kids with cancer. No. Suicide. No. Our country is so divided- just stop. War- innocent people dying, scared. And on and on. Really, the thing that has helped me deal with all the hurt people are dealing with, is knowing that it is my responsibility to be a light- the light- in this dark world. I'm trying.

Brian and I love having people over...love entertaining and especially making food and feeding friends. But we have been pretty lame in that department since getting married. First it was the moving thing...boxes everywhere, organizing- the house was in no order to have guests. And then we got the kittens, and that certainly caused some chaos in our little home. And school made it tough. Finally, we have had the chance to have a few people over...in the last week and a half we watched a movie with friends at the house, had friends over for football, invited NEW friends over (exciting- new friends!), and had a friend over for some Fall tv. We really need to get a regular movie night going again. I hope we can keep it up.It makes me happy!

These two are little lights too. Snuggling on a Sonics blanket together.




No comments:

Post a Comment