Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!


A special Valentine’s Day edition because, ohhhh, I love Valentine’s Day! I curled my hair, put on a skirt, pulled out the pink heart necklace my mom made for me…I didn’t do Valentine cards this year… the disappointment. I didn’t see any at the store that I liked…that’s not true- there was a great Bieber pack- but I didn’t get them. And then I was going to bake some kind of special treat to bring in to the office…but was distracted by The Voice last night on TV. So no valentines and no treats…boo. I did find a darling card with a frog on it that opened up to tell Brian what a special guy he is…I’m pretty sure it was meant for an 8-yr old to get from his grandparents…but I got him some new glow in the dark darts for his nerf gun…so I’m pretty sure it was appropriate.

Last night The Head and the Heart was on How I Met Your Mother! Not the actual band, but their song…so cool! Brian recognized it after about two strums. It wasn’t my favorite HIMYM- though usually the specials- this being a valentines episode- aren’t, I mean, even the return of Slutty Pumpkin wasn’t great. But, so cool to hear Rivers and Roads start playing…yay for them. 

And in other wonderful love related news…Governor Gregoire signed the equal marriage law for Washington! I am so proud of our state for doing the right thing and caring about equal rights. As of now, the law goes into effect June 7th, though I think it will likely make its way to the November ballot…so there is still a bit of a journey. I know everyone has their particular issues that are important to them, and this one is definitely a huge one for me. I was surprised at the emotion I felt when it was signed…one of my co-workers said ‘To think that my kids will not ever know anything other than we are all the same’…still a long way to go, but important things take time. So great!

Have a fantastic day…lots and lots of love!


No comments:

Post a Comment