Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Still alive...

I know you have been waiting on the edge of your seat to find out if the squirrel was waiting for me when I got home…she was not. Not yet anyway. I’m sure she is plotting away in some nearby tree, watching and keeping track of my schedule. Yikes.

- We had movie night last week and watched one of my favs…Adventures in Babysitting. I couldn’t believe how many of the people at movie night hadn’t ever seen it…I mean, it’s a classic…that was one that I watched over and over again as a kid. It has been my only Thor reference until the movie came out this year. We served babysitting classics…mac and cheese and chocolate milk.

- This past weekend was the Seattle Public Library book sale…which I always put on my calendar as soon as the dates are announced…I get so excited for it. The sale is held at Magnussen Park in one of the giant warehouses…and contains boxes and boxes and tables and tables, and rooms and rooms of books. Thousands…maybe a million (I have no idea…they seem to go on forever)…and hardbacks are all $2, regular books $1. One dollar for books! Most of my literary collection (other than the Bobbsey Twins, Trixie Belden, Nancy Drew series that my mom saved for me) has come from the library book sale. I was a little pickier this year, and only spent about $40. I did almost complete my collection of A Series of Unfortunate Events. I think I still need one or two more.

- My mom and I bought a 90-minute bartending class on Groupon together and used it this weekend. the class was held at Wine World, just off the 45th St exit. I’ve driven past Wine World many times and don’t know how I haven’t stopped in…it’s huge…an entire WORLD of wine. And to be fair, wine accessories. Anyway…the class was taught by a guy with a heavy French accent that gave most of his attention to my mom. Granted, she was quite the participator…answering his questions and coming up with her own…it was pretty funny to watch. Also funny to watch (I’m sure) was me knocking my glass and shaker over multiple times, making a huge mess all over our work space. Luckily it was just water that we practiced with. We made one real drink…which I think came out pretty well…the key is good produce. Looking forward to doing some more experimenting over the holidays.

- I’ve seen a few movies lately…saw the PJ20 movie at the Cinerama last week. It’s a Pearl Jam documentary, written and directed by Cameron Crowe. It was great…I would definitely recommend seeing it. I think the greatest part was the audience though…we did go to the 10:30pm showing the night it was released, so the theater was full of people that LIVE for Pearl Jam. There was a lot of clapping, yelling, etc…very fun. I have seen Pearl Jam live twice, I think, and definitely didn’t know a whole lot about them, so the movie was pretty interesting. Also saw a documentary about a Formula One racecar driver- Senna. Considering I have next to no interest in race car driving, and all of the footage was from the 80’s and 90’s, I was surprised that I stayed interested throughout the whole thing. It was playing at The Crest…for $3…so you really can’t beat that. Also saw Moneyball…the new Brad Pitt movie. Brian was pretty pumped for it-it is one of his favorite books…we had a nice little double date with his parents. It’s a true story about the Oakland A’s using baseball statistics to manage the team…good stuff.

Last M's game of the season (for us) tonight...

I think that’s all for now…have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment